Tuesday 29 November 2011

First successful craft fair

I attended a craft fair on Saturday at the Town Hall in Chipping Sodbury. I have been to a couple of local fairs with my bears and bits, but this has been the best so far. I have learned the importance of being selective about the fairs I do, as the approach of the organisers varies wildly. This fair "felt" like a craft fair. All of the stall holders were exibiting good quality, handmade items and it was evident from their attitude that the customers appreciated the standard of crafts on sale.

Personally, I have learned a lot about how to fill and set out my stall, as well as how to engage with customers. My friend Lorna came along to help out and had lots of fun arranging scenery for the bears...


...and here she is, behind the stall, discussing the tiny size of the bears with our neighbouring stallholder...

 
With a few tweaks we think that it could be a much more striking stall, so I intend to implement as many of the changes as possible in time for my next fair on Friday...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...