Friday 9 December 2011

Ex-bear-iment completed


Let me introduce you to the results of this week's exbeariment.


I'm very pleased with how he's turned out and with a few tweaks to the pattern I think he'll be even better. I managed to finish him surprisingly quickly - amazing what a challenge can do to motivation!


Just to recap - this is my first attempt at an unjointed bear: with limbs and head in fixed positions. I've given him some flexibility by soft stuffing and adding weight to his paws and belly. He's not quite as floppy as I'd have liked but I think making him a little larger would solve that problem.


He has black antique boot button eyes and a nose embroidered with dark brown thread.


He has come out about 25cm (10in) tall. His fur is a synthetic fur fabric in dark brown. I have to confess to him being fully hand sewn mainly due to my utter inability to sew smooth curves on the machine! Apparently I need a lot more practice...

 

I could get used to making larger bears: much less fiddly and the results are indisputably more huggable...


I shall leave him here for a while, contemplating his future - I think clothing of some sort might be called for...


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...