Thursday 14 March 2013

Meet the bears... Pip

 Pip would like to be formally introduced after his first public appearance on Tuesday. I was going to wait for the weekend but he insisted.


He tried all the name suggestions out and decided that he liked "Pip" best. 

He explained that this was largely due to the simultaneous implications of something small...

 
...and therefore cute, like me...

...and something filled with inherent possibility and wisdom (while also being a little bit magical)...

...pips! We know they do, but how do they grow? Wow! Makes my brain hurt just thinking about it...

I see I'm going to have problems with Pip. He's just a little too cute for his own good.


Earlier, since the sun was making a rare appearance, I was trying to take photos of him for his blog post while he was sitting on a bedroom chair. And all the time he looked up at me with a definite

...can't we take photos on the windowsill again?...

So I told him "bears can't sit on windowsills for too long..."

...hmmm...

"...in case they fade.You wouldn't want your nice fabric looking all washed out now, would you?"

....hmmm. 5 minutes couldn't hurt. I like to see what's going on...

So you see, I think Pip might prove to be a handful. It hasn't taken very long to get to know Pip, now he has his name: he seems to be the sort of bear who wants to be where the action is. The centre of attention.

(I haven't the heart to tell him that he'll have to be packed into a box soon to keep him clean until he is adopted!)

Whoever adopts Pip will need to be ready for the responsibility of looking after a demanding young bear. He'll need a comfortable chair, at least, but preferably the chance sit in all sorts of spots throughout your home. You'll have to be prepared to stop for a chat regularly and give him the occasional pat on the head as you walk past.


He gets on very well with other bears but would prefer to be kept out of the reach of pets...

...especially dogs (shudder) - all teeth and drool...

...and small children.

If you are interested in adopting Pip, he will be appearing in my Folksy shop very soon.


2 comments:

  1. What an adorable post, Kirsty! Someone will be adopting him very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little guy is super cute! I'll have to bookmark you for 2 little boys birthdays.
    Kerri
    Fabridashery - fabric, haberdashery and craft supplies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...